Close WindowReference Map

Loading map data, please wait.

Eckley Miners' Village

Eckley Miners' Village

Visit an authentic 19th-century patch town, a typical coal miners' village of 58 buildings - miners' houses, churches, a doctor's office and company store - situated on 92 acres in the heart of the anthracite coal region. Programs include an Anthracite Lecture Series, Patch Town Days, Armed Forces Tribute, Civil War Encampment and Christmas in Eckley. Visitor services include an orientation film, exhibits, museum store and, when available, guided tours. The site was used for filming The Molly Maguires in 1968. Operated in partnership with the Eckley Miners' Village Associates.



Hours of Operation

Visitor Center, all year:

MON: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
TUE: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
WED: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
THU: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
FRI: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
SAT: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
SUN: noon - 5:00 pm

Buildings, May 25 - September 2 (daily):
Open via guided tours

Buildings, September 3 - October 6 (weekends only):
Open via guided tours

Admission Details

Adult: $8.00
Seniors (65+) & Discount: $7.00
Youth (3-12): $6.00
Children under 2: Free

Guided Tour: $2.00

Discounted rates for group tours by reservation.

Historical Markers Nearby

State Museum of Pennsylvania

0 miles|


Since its creation in 1905, The State Museum of Pennsylvania has collected, preserved, researched, and interpreted the cultural and natural history of the state....

Public Sector Unionism

0.1 miles|


Efforts to organize public workers in PA resulted in Acts 111 in 1968 and 195 in 1970. Tens of thousands of public employees joined...

Pennsylvania State Archives

0.1 miles|


Created in 1903 as the Division of Public Records in the State Library, the State Archives safeguards and provides public access to records of...

Grace Methodist Church

0.1 miles|


After the state capitol was destroyed by fire on February 2, 1897, this church building became the temporary quarters of the state legislature while...

Old Brick Capitol

0.1 miles|


The first State Capitol on this site was designed and built by Stephen Hills, 1819-1821. It was first occupied by the Legislature on January...