Loading map data, please wait.
A short distance west of this stone stood Fort Hunter, otherwise known as the Fort Hunter's Mill. This fort, consisting of a block house surrounded by a stockade, was built during the winter of 1755-56. It was used as a base of supplies and as a rendezvous for troops during the period of the Indian Wars. All traces of this fort were removed when the present building was erected in 1814.
N. Front St. (W side) opposite Fort Hunter Rd. N of Rockville