Home

Close WindowReference Map

Loading map data, please wait.
Loading

Fort Halifax

Type: 

Roadside

Just west of this point stood Fort Halifax. It was built in 1756 by Col. William Clapham, and was one of the chain of frontier forts built to protect settlers in this region during French and Indian War days.

Dedication Date: 

09/23/1946

Location

Pa. 147, .5 mile N of Halifax

County: 

Dauphin

Latitude: 

40.48

Longitude: 

-76.93