Loading map data, please wait.
The farthest north attained by any organized body of the Confederate Army of General Robert E. Lee was reached here at the farm of Joseph Miller on the morning of June 28, 1863. Hearing that Sterrett's Gap was occupied by Union troops these outposts returned to their command at Carlisle. From these hills the tide of Confederate invasion receded destined never to return.
PA 34 (E side), .7 mile N of Carlisle Springs