Home

Close WindowReference Map

Loading map data, please wait.
Loading

Camp George Gordon Meade

Type: 

Roadside

Covering three square miles, the former Camp Meade was situated a half mile to the northwest. Named for famed Civil War General, it was opened during the Spanish American War and visited by William McKinley on August 27, 1898.

Dedication Date: 

10/10/1966

Location

Pa. 441 at Middletown Area High School near Pa. Turnpike overpass

County: 

Dauphin

Latitude: 

40.21

Longitude: 

-76.74