Home

Close WindowReference Map

Loading map data, please wait.
Loading

Barnett's Fort

Type: 

Roadside

North at the head of Beaver Creek, Joseph Barnett's log house was a frontier refuge in 1756-63 against Indians raiding the frontier. His son William was stolen by Indians in 1756 and not recovered until 1763 by Col. Henry Bouquet.

Dedication Date: 

12/22/1947

Location

Pa. 39, 1.3 miles E of Linglestown near intersection with Piketown Rd.

County: 

Dauphin

Latitude: 

40.35

Longitude: 

-76.77