Home

Close WindowReference Map

Loading map data, please wait.
Loading

Old Economy Village

Old Economy Village

The Harmonists, a Christian communal society, founded this village in 1824. The Harmonists were known for their piety, as well as for their economic successes in textile manufacturing, including silk production, and later in the oil and railroad industries. The village features gardens and 17 buildings furnished with original artifacts. Programs include exhibits, an annual Garden Workshop, Family Festival, Erntefest and Christmas at the Village. Visitor services include exhibits, an orientation film, guided tours and museum store. Volunteer support provided by the Friends of Old Economy Village.

Phone

724-266-4500

Hours of Operation

MON: CLOSED
TUE: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
WED: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
THU: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
FRI: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
SAT: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
SUN: noon - 5:00 pm

Admission Details

Adult: $10.00
Seniors (65+) & Discount: $9.00
Youth (3-12): $6.00
Children under 3: Free
Active Military Duty & Immediate Family: Free

Discounted rates for group tours by reservation.

Historical Markers Nearby

Public Sector Unionism

0.1 miles|

Dauphin

Efforts to organize public workers in PA resulted in Acts 111 in 1968 and 195 in 1970. Tens of thousands of public employees joined...

Pennsylvania State Archives

0.1 miles|

Dauphin

Created in 1903 as the Division of Public Records in the State Library, the State Archives safeguards and provides public access to records of...

Grace Methodist Church

0.1 miles|

Dauphin

After the state capitol was destroyed by fire on February 2, 1897, this church building became the temporary quarters of the state legislature while...

Old Brick Capitol

0.1 miles|

Dauphin

The first State Capitol on this site was designed and built by Stephen Hills, 1819-1821. It was first occupied by the Legislature on January...

State Capitol

0.1 miles|

Dauphin

This building, which replaced the old brick capitol, was designed by Joseph M. Huston, and erected, 1902-1906. It was dedicated on October 4, 1906,...