Home

Close WindowReference Map

Loading map data, please wait.
Loading

Ephrata Cloister

Ephrata Cloister

Peace, tranquility and beauty are the hallmarks of this 18th-century site. Discover medieval-style buildings, beautiful landscapes and a religious community noted for original musical compositions, decorative arts, calligraphy or fraktur, and one of the earliest printing presses in North America. Programs include the Ephrata Cloister Chorus Concerts, Apple Dumpling Day and Christmas Candlelight Tours. Services include guided tours, visitors' center, exhibits, orientation film and museum store. Operated in partnership with the Ephrata Cloister Associates.

Phone

717-733-6600

Hours of Operation

March:

MON: CLOSED
TUE: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
WED: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
THU: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
FRI: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
SAT: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
SUN: noon - 5:00 pm

April - October:

MON: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
TUE: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
WED: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
THU: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
FRI: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
SAT: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
SUN: noon - 5:00 pm

Admission Details

Adult: $10.00
Seniors (65+) & Discount: $9.00
Youth (3-11): $6.00
Children under 3: Free
Active Military Duty & Immediate Family: Free

Discounted rates for group tours by reservation.

Historical Markers Nearby

Public Sector Unionism

0.1 miles|

Dauphin

Efforts to organize public workers in PA resulted in Acts 111 in 1968 and 195 in 1970. Tens of thousands of public employees joined...

Pennsylvania State Archives

0.1 miles|

Dauphin

Created in 1903 as the Division of Public Records in the State Library, the State Archives safeguards and provides public access to records of...

Grace Methodist Church

0.1 miles|

Dauphin

After the state capitol was destroyed by fire on February 2, 1897, this church building became the temporary quarters of the state legislature while...

Old Brick Capitol

0.1 miles|

Dauphin

The first State Capitol on this site was designed and built by Stephen Hills, 1819-1821. It was first occupied by the Legislature on January...

State Capitol

0.1 miles|

Dauphin

This building, which replaced the old brick capitol, was designed by Joseph M. Huston, and erected, 1902-1906. It was dedicated on October 4, 1906,...